Danny Heinrichs (CSSH ’24) is a fourth year Environmental Studies and Economics student who created an experimental film featuring his friends at Northeastern. He received an Honors Propel Grant to support this experience.

“The funding and support I’ve received from the Honors Propel Grant has enabled me to spend this past semester writing, directing, and shooting an experimental film that stars the friends I’ve made during my four years at Northeastern. The film challenges traditional narrative and thematic structures that I’ve studied in my film production minor, serving as an amazing opportunity to deviate from the Economics and Environmental studies focus of my main degree. I’ve gained incredible experience in production, film financing, music licensing, and more through the project, and I’m eager for the film to serve as a sort of capstone to my visual arts portfolio that will open doors to more creative opportunities as I enter the ESG and finance industry after graduation.”

What other activities are you involved in on campus?

• President of Net Impact (environmental club focused on important issues related to climate change and globalization)
  • Honors Events Council (2nd year)
  • Co-Chair of the Student Sustainability Committee, part of the Climate Justice and Sustainability Hub (3rd year)
  • Investment Analyst at NUImpact
  • Intramural soccer

What is your favorite Honors memory?

I lived in Honors housing my first two years and made so many amazing and incredibly smart friends. My second choice is the Beach Day that I organized during my time on the Honors Events Council. Packing the blue line with students holding beachballs and ice pops was chaos but also a ton of fun.

What events or activities would you recommend to new Honors students?

NUImpact and Net Impact (different clubs despite the confusing naming) are both excellent places to find a community of motivated students, but don’t be afraid to just go to a random club’s meeting if it sounds interesting or you know a friend who’s involved. Bonus if there’s free food.