Elena French-Nino (DMSB ’27) is a first year Business Administration student who is a DJ Coordinator for WRBB (Northeastern’s radio station). In her role, she communicates with clients to get bookings for on-campus events held by Northeastern organizations, schedules DJs to play at booked events, and hosts community events to let DJs practice.

“I interviewed for a position the first week I moved in, and I met Alex Chiommino who introduced me to some amazing upperclassmen, which was nerve-wracking because I didn’t know anyone. The upperclassmen were not only passionate about music but also incredibly supportive of newcomers like me! As a first year, I feel so honored and excited when I say that I’m one of the Event DJ Coordinators for WRBB. It also intrigues people and I always urge them to check out the new space in Curry Student Center! I never thought I would be involved with any tech/music affairs in college, but I’m loving it. Personally, I feel this experience relates to my vast and eclectic interests but also my drive to involve myself in something I am unfamiliar with, such as DJing. The WRBB holds a special place in my heart because it’s where I’ve grown as a person, and it has allowed me to explore my passions. It’s also a true testament to the transformative influence of college and the importance of trying new things.”

What other activities are you involved in on campus?

• Ticketing Assistant for Matthew’s Arena
  • Supply Chain Club

What is your favorite Honors memory?

A group-hug with my roomies in our dorm after our last midterm exam. 🙂

What events or activities would you recommend to new Honors students?

Go to any event you may be interested in. When you arrive at said event, it’s okay not to know anyone, go up to someone and introduce yourself. This will create a connection, and as your world becomes a larger pond you want to make as many memories, network connections, and fun experiences with new people! Also, go to an After-Hours show!