Krista Brochu (CAMD ’25) is a third year Media Arts student who created a documentary on her family’s experience with Alzheimer’s Disease. Krista was able to take advantage of the Honors Propel Grant to support this creative endeavor.

“With the help of an Honors Propel Grant, I created a documentary on my family’s experience with Alzheimer’s disease called, ‘The Patient’s Family.’ This short film explores how my family members began to lose the person they knew, and how they continued to care for him despite the violence and degeneration. This process was incredibly challenging but even more rewarding as I began to better understand my family and the creation of a documentary.”

You can view Krista’s documentary below or on YouTube directly.

What other activities are you involved in on campus?

• Scout – Videographer on the Media Team
  • Partnering Lab (Dr. Ilya Vidrin) – Documentation Research Assistant

What is your favorite Honors memory?

I really enjoyed getting a few extra days at the beginning of my first year to get settled and make friends. I met so many amazing Honors students during that time, and I felt very connected to the EV community!

What events or activities would you recommend to new Honors students?

I’d recommend going on a Dialogue of Civilization and taking advantage of the variety of clubs on campus.